Study in Auckland
Auckland's waterside location has fostered the locals' love affair with the sea, earning this place the nickname "City of Sails".
Auckland sprawls over a narrow isthmus between the sparkling waters of the Waitemata and Manukau Harbours. A cloak of rainforest covers the surrounding hills, dozens of dormant volcanic cones dot the landscape and enchanting holiday islands are scattered throughout the vast Hauraki Gulf. Two of the best island getaways are Waiheke Island and Great Barrier Island.
What to do and see: visit the official Auckland tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Auckland:
- Auckland Currency: NZD
- Auckland Telephone area code: +64 9
- Auckland Electricity (plug): Electricity in New Zealand is 230-240 volts, frequency 50Hz, plug type I. Check out the type of plug.
- Auckland Annual events: Big Day Out (Jan), Auckland Lantern Festival (Feb); Auckland Cup Week (Mar), Pasifika Festival (Mar), Matariki Festival (Jun), The Food Show (July) and more.
- Auckland Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Auckland Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 12ºC - 24ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 13ºC - 20ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 9ºC - 15ºC
Spring (Sept - Nov): 11ºC - 18ºC
Find information about transports in New Zealand on government website:
- Getting around New Zealand: buses and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Auckland
© 2015 Information Planet