Study in Boston
Boston is the capital of the U.S. state of Massachusetts and is located on the shores of Massachusetts Bay. This territory also includes hundreds of islands in the Atlantic Ocean. Thanks to its location, Boston is a very important port. The harbor is preserved from the 17th century.
Boston is a center of higher education, healthcare and culture.The city's history dates back to 1630, when it was founded Puritans from England. By the year 1755 it was the largest city in the US. Today, Boston has more than 800 thousand inhabitants.
What to do and see: visit the official Boston website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Boston:
- Boston Currency: USD
- Boston Telephone area code: +1 339 / 508 / 617 / 774 /781 / 857 / 978
- Boston Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- Boston Annual events: Boston Early Music Festival (Jun), ChowderFest (Jul) and more.
- Boston Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Boston Weather average:
Spring (Mar - May): 0°C - 18°C
Summer (Jun - Aug): 16°C - 26°C
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 5°C - 23°C
Winter (Dec - Feb): -4°C - 5°C
Find information about transports in Boston on government website:
- Getting around Boston: buses, subway and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Boston
© 2015 Information Planet