Study in New York
New York is often called “Big Apple“. It is a world capital of culture, business, fashion, art and shopping. Major part is situated on the central island of Manhattan and four outer boroughs – Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island. Manhattan is surrounded by Hudson and East River and is divided into 3 areas – Downtown, Midtown and Uptown. You may think New York is very chaotic city. But the orientation is very easy here. The entire Manhattan reminds a rectangular chessboard which consists of wide avenues vertically and the streets horizontally.
What to do and see: visit the official New York website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about New York:
- New York Currency: USD
- New York Telephone area code: +1 212/646
- New York Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- New York Annual events: Havana Film Festival (Apr), JVC Jazz Festival New York (Jun), Brooklyn Book Festival (Sep) and more.
- New York Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- New York Weather average:
Spring (Mar - May): 18°C - 30°C
Summer (Jun - Aug): 24°C - 32°C
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 20°C - 31°C
Winter (Dec - Feb): 15°C - 24°C
Find information about transports in New York on government website:
- Getting around New York: buses, subway and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in New York
© 2015 Information Planet