Study in Philadelphia
Philadelphia is the largest city of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. It is located in the Northeastern United States along the Delaware and the Schuylkill rivers. Philadelphia used to be the capital of the USA. It is the place where the Declaration of Independence was written, signed and first publicly read, as was the US Constitution.
Philadelphia, which means “City of Brotherly Love“ in Greek, is one of the most ethnically mixed US cities with many different communities. Philadelphia is also a commercial, cultural, and educational center.
The city of Philadelphia is known for arts and culture. It has more outdoor sculptures and murals than any other American city. It is also famous for Fairmount Park which is the largest landscaped urban park in the world.
What to do and see: visit the official Philadelphia tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Philadelphia:
- Philadelphia Currency: USD
- Philadelphia Telephone area code: +1 215
- Philadelphia Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- Philadelphia Annual events: Festival of Fountains at Longwood Gardens, (May) Bastille Day Festival at Eastern State Penitentiary (Jul) and more.
- Philadelphia Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Philadelphia Weather average:
Spring (Mar - May): 1°C - 22°C
Summer (Jun - Aug): 16°C - 30°C
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 3°C - 25°C
Winter (Dec - Feb): -5°C - 6°C
Find information about transports in Philadelphia on government website:
- Getting around Philadelphia: buses and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Philadelphia
© 2015 Information Planet