Study in Queenstown
Queenstown is located in the southern lakes region of the South Island. Surrounded by incredible mountains, like the crystal clear Lake Wakatipu.
The region is famous for its four distinct seasons, gorgeous scenery and attractions.
Queenstown is home to the world’s first bunny jump, located off Kawerau Bridge as well as the highest in the Southern Hemisphere, the 134 metre Nevis Bungy Jump.
What to do and see: visit the official Queenstown website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Queenstown:
- Queenstown Currency: NZD
- Queenstown Telephone area code: +64 3
- Queenstown Electricity (plug): Electricity in New Zealand is 230-240 volts, frequency 50Hz, plug type I. Check out the type of plug.
- Queenstown Annual events: The Queenstown Winter Festival (June), New Zealand Winter Games, Winter Classic Race (Jul) and more.
- Queenstown Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Queenstown Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 20ºC - 30ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 12ºC - 25ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): -2ºC - 8ºC
Spring (Sept - Nov): 8ºC - 22ºC
Find information about transports in Queenstown on government website:
- Getting around Queenstown: buses.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
© 2015 Information Planet