Study in Seattle
The largest city of Washington state is located between Puget Sound and Lake Washington. It is also the largest city in the northwest of the USA. Seattle is called the "Emerald City" due to many characteristic green places.
The silhouette of the city is characterized by glass skyscrapers with mountains in the background. Seattle is also known for its picturesque city atmosphere and friendly charm. The streets are full of good restaurants and charming bars which invite a lot of visitors, especially in summer time. Another pride of the city are its famous coffee bars. Coffee is very popular here and the city is home to many coffee brands.
Seattle is an industrial and commercial center of the northwest of the USA. Significant companies such as Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks or Amazon.com were based here.
Seattle is considered the cradle of music. Grunge, the music style, was founded here. Also some famous bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
What to do and see: visit the official Seattle tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Seattle:
- Seattle Currency: USD
- Seattle Telephone area code: +1 260
- Seattle Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- Seattle Annual events: Bumbershoot (May), Northwest Folklife Festival/Memorial Day (May), International Film Festival (July), Seafair (Aug) and more.
- Seattle Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Seattle Weather average:
Spring (Mar - May): 3°C - 19°C
Summer (Jun - Aug): 11°C - 24°C
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 5°C - 21°C
Winter (Dec - Feb): 2°C - 7°C
Find information about transports in Seattle on government website:
- Getting around Seattle: buses and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Seattle
© 2015 Information Planet