Study in Calgary
Calgary is a city in the Canadian province of Alberta. It has a population of over 1 million people, making it the largest city in Alberta, and the third-largest municipality and fifth-largest census metropolitan area (CMA) in Canada.
Calgary, a cosmopolitan city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the centre of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, it’s massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here.
What to do and see: visit the official Calgary tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Calgary:
- Calgary Currency: CAD
- Calgary Telephone area code: +1 403
- Calgary Electricity (plug): Electricity in Canada usually supply electricity between 110 and 120 volts. Check out the type of plug.
- Calgary Annual events: Calgary International children's festival (May), Scotiabank Calgary marathon (May), Calgary comic & Entertainment Expo (Apr) and more.
- Calgary Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Calgary Weather average:
Winter (Dec - Feb): -12ºC - 0ºC
Spring (Mar - May): 0ºC - 11ºC
Summer (Jun - Aug): 8ºC - 20ºC
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 1ºC - 10ºC
Find information about transports in Calgary on government websites:
- Getting around Calgary: buses and subways.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.