Study in United States
The United States of America (USA), the country of road trips and great open skies commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major territories and various possessions.
The United States is the third largest country in the word with a population of more than 320 million, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Because of this, the United States is one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. Nearly every region of the world has influenced American culture, as it is a country of immigrants, most notably the English who colonized the country beginning in the early 1600s. U.S. culture has also been shaped by the cultures of Native Americans, Latin Americans, Africans and Asians.
What to do and see: visit the official United States tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about United States:
- United States Currency: USD
- United States Telephone area code: +1
- United States Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- United States Annual events: National Independence Day Parade (Jul) and more.
- United States Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- United States Weather average.
Find information about transports in United States on government website:
- Getting around United States: buses, subway and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top cities in United StatesFind courses in United States Request information
realtimeChicago5:09 PMLos AngelesSan FranciscoSeattle3:09 PMBostonMiamiNew YorkPhiladelphia6:09 PM
WeatherBoston18 °C / 64 °FChicago29 °C / 84 °FLos Angeles29 °C / 84 °FMiami28 °C / 82 °FNew York25 °C / 77 °FPhiladelphia27 °C / 80 °FSan Francisco21 °C / 69 °FSeattle15 °C / 59 °F
Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK
© 2015 Information Planet