Study in Canada
Canada is a North American country consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic Ocean in the east to the Pacific Ocean in the west, and northward into the Arctic Ocean. Spanning over 9.9 million square kilometres, Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area, and its common border with the United States is the longest land border in the world.
What to do and see: visit the official Canadian tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Canada:
- Canada Currency: CAD
- Canada Telephone area code: +1
- Canada Electricity (plug): Electricity in Canada usually supply electricity between 110 and 120 volts. Check out the type of plug.
- Canada Annual events: Quebec City Winter Carnival (Jan), Canadian Tulip Festival Ottawa (Mar), Celebration of Light (Jul), Edmonton Folk Music Festival (Aug), The Toronto International Film Festival (Sep) and more.
- Canada Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Canada Weather average:
British Columbia: 2ºC - 26ºC
Ontario: 13ºC - 23ºC
Quebec: 13ºC - 26ºC
Find information about transports in Canada on government websites:
- Getting around Canada: buses and subways.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top cities in CanadaFind courses in Canada Request information
realtimeCalgary6:42 AMHalifax9:42 AMVancouverWhistler5:42 AMMontrealQuebec CityToronto8:42 AM
Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK
© 2015 Information Planet