Study in United Kingdom
Great Britain, the largest island in Europe, covers a total area of 244 820 km² and is located between Ireland and mainland Europe and comprises England, Scotland and Wales with population of 61.4 million. This constitutional monarchy with parliamentary system presents a perfect combination of traditional and modern worlds. Although the social and economic influence of this once great empire has diminished over the years, Great Britain still remains the motherland of the most popular language in the world – the English language.
What to do and see: visit the official United Kingdom tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about United Kingdom:
- United Kingdom Currency: GBP
- United Kingdom Telephone area code: +44
- United Kingdom Electricity (plug): Electricity in United Kingdom is 230 volts, frequency 50Hz, plug type G. Check out the type of plug.
- United Kingdom Annual events: Cirque du Soleil (Jan), London Fashion Week (Feb), Chinese New Year in London (Feb), London Marathon (Apr), RHS Chelsea Flower Show (May), The Championships (Jun), Goodwood Revival (Sep) and more.
- United Kingdom Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- United Kingdom Weather average:
London: 7°C - 14°C
Birmingham: 5°C - 13°C
Sheffield: 6°C - 13°C
Manchester: 6°C - 13°C
Liverpool: 6°C - 12°C
Portsmouth: 9°C - 14°C
Find information about transports in United Kingdom on government website:
- In all United Kingdom towns and cities, cycling is common means of transport.
- Getting around United Kingdom: buses and trains.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top cities in United KingdomFind courses in United Kingdom Request information
realtimeBrightonCambridgeLondonManchesterOxford3:09 AMNewcastle upon Tyne3:09 AM
WeatherBrighton6 °C / 42 °FCambridge5 °C / 41 °FLondon5 °C / 41 °FManchester5 °C / 41 °FOxford4 °C / 39 °F
Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK
© 2015 Information Planet