Study in Halifax
Halifax, an Atlantic Ocean port in eastern Canada, is the provincial capital of Nova Scotia. A major business centre, it’s also known for its maritime history. Halifax is the kind of town that people flock to, not so much for the opportunities, but for the quality of life, it has to offer.
Sea breezes off the harbour keep the air clean, and parks and trees nestle between heritage buildings, cosmopolitan eateries and arty shops. Several universities ensure that the population is young and the bars and nightclubs full.Stroll the historic waterfront, catch some live music and enjoy the best of what the Maritimes have to offer. In summer, never-ending festivals ignite the party ambience that much more.
What to do and see: visit the official Halifax tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Halifax:
- Halifax Currency: CAD
- Halifax Telephone area code: +1 902
- Halifax Electricity (plug): Electricity in Canada usually supply electricity between 110 and 120 volts. Check out the type of plug.
- Halifax Annual events: Doors Open Halifax (Jun), Halifax Oyster Festival (Oct), Halifax Explosion Memorial Events (Dec) and more.
- Halifax Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Halifax Weather average:
Winter (Dec - Feb): -9ºC - 0ºC
Spring (Mar - May): 1ºC - 19ºC
Summer (Jun - Aug): 11ºC - 23ºC
Autumn (Sep - Nov): -5ºC - 13ºC
Find information about transports in Halifax on government websites:
- Getting around Halifax: buses and subways.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
© 2015 Information Planet