Study in Los Angeles
The entire metropolitan area of Los Angeles has nearly 18 million inhabitants and includes more than 80 cities. These include L.A. City, Long Beach, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Compton, Santa Monica and many others. L.A. is an important cultural, commercial, economic, sports and media center of the world. It is known worldwide for its famous entertainment industry.
The city of Los Angeles is located 550 km from San Francisco on the Pacific coast in southern California. It is called "City of Angels" and boasts the title of largest city in California. It is the second largest and most populous city in the U.S. at the same time. There are millions of people from different ethnic groups so more than a hundred languages are spoken here.
L.A. is a city of contrasts - from the poor social groups to the rich ones inhabiting luxurious villas of Beverly Hills, from the tangle of highways to the beautiful beaches along the clear sea, from slender bodies of models on the catwalks to rounded curves of the others. The city was founded by Spanish in 1781. You may notice Hispanic influence in a few local sights and culture.
What to do and see: visit the official Los Angeles tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Los Angeles:
- Los Angeles Currency: USD
- Los Angeles Telephone area code: +1 213/310/323/424/626/661/818/747
- Los Angeles Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- Los Angeles Annual events: Downtown Los Angeles Arts Walk (Jan), Slamdance Film Festival (Jan), Fanfares and Fireworks (Feb), Northwest Dance Project (Apr), Indian Film Festival (Apr), Annual Santa Monica Festival (May) and more.
- Los Angeles Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Los Angeles Weather average:
Summer (May - Oct): 16°C - 29°C
Winter (Nov - Apr): 9°C - 23°C
Find information about transports in Los Angeles on government website:
- Getting around Los Angeles: buses, subway and rail.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Los Angeles
© 2015 Information Planet