Study in San Francisco
San Francisco is one of the most populous cities in the US. San Francisco is located at the tip of a narrow peninsula on the northern coast of California which is one of the richest and economically most active states of the USA. Is considered the most beautiful city in California due to the large number of attractions and sights it is a very popular tourist destination.
Everyone probably knows San Francisco as a city full of steep streets with the ancient trams called Cable Cars. Downtown streets rise on impossible gradients to reveal stunning views of the city, bay and beyond. San Francisco is also known for very beautiful Victorian architecture. However, San Francisco is a city with modern skyscrapers as well. There is a seat of more than 30 international institutions in its financial center.
There are also several islands in the Pacific Ocean which belong to the city. The most famous is Alcatraz and Treasure Island.
In its neighbourhood you can find plenty of tourist attractions such as Death Valley National Park, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada with the highest peak of Mount Whitney (4.417m). The third largest and the most populous state of the USA, California is considered the largest world center of computer industry and the biggest movie producer in the world, however it is also a country that often suffers from devastating earthquake - the biggest one hit San Francisco in 1906 and destroyed 80% of the town.
What to do and see: visit the official San Francisco tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about San Francisco:
- San Francisco Currency: USD
- San Francisco Telephone area code: +1 415/510/650
- San Francisco Electricity (plug): Electricity in United States is 110-220 volts, frequency 60Hz, plug type A and B. Check out the type of plug.
- San Francisco Annual events: Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (Apr), San Francisco Jewish Film Festival (Jul), San Francisco Jazz Festival (Aug) and more.
- San Francisco Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- San Francisco Weather average:
Spring (Mar - May): 7°C - 18°C
Summer (Jun - Aug): 12°C - 22°C
Autumn (Sep - Nov): 8°C - 22°C
Winter (Dec - Feb): 5°C - 15°C
Find information about transports in San Francisco on government website:
- Living expenses
Top schools in San Francisco
© 2015 Information Planet